I finished up my first weaving "project" -- a wildly colorful mug mat. Two of them actually. I gave one to Maddie (because I thought Pete wouldn't want one since they are rather psychedelic -- but when I did he looked at me and said, "I could use a mug mat." Looks like I have my next project lined up!) The mohair weft made for some super fuzzy edges that hides any edge problems I may have had. I suppose beautiful edges will come with practice.
In the past few days I also finished up the first of Maddie's socks, so I feel like there's enough progress to warrant a photo:
Maddie picked out the yarn from my stash and she chose Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the color Uptown. I only had one skein, so she helped me weigh and wind the hank into two smaller center pull balls of the same weight. (See Maddie, you do need to use math in the real world -- I call these opportunities "school" -- ha ha) I was a little nervous about having enough yarn now that her feet are really starting to grow (2 sizes in the last year!) But I had plenty left after the first sock.
If you are knitting the Dorothy Bag, please leave me a comment or send me an email! I can't wait to see everyone's bags!