Okay -- something a little different! Today I made my first "complicated" quilt block. I can hear the seasoned quilters laughing at me -- but it's the trickiest block I've made to date so I am calling it complicated.
My biggest fear was getting the corners to line up properly and I guess my insane quest for prefect cutting paid off, because everything lines up nicely. Whew!
My second worry was that my seam allowances wouldn't be right and the block would end up too small. All is well though -- I actually had a smidge extra to cut off to square it up and the block now measures 12 1/2 X 12 1/2. Whew, again!
While these are a bit more work than the blocks for my other quilt, they don't take all that much time and I feel like I could have this quilt top finished up before long. Yeah!