My sister's baby shower was this past weekend, so I can finally show you what I've been spending a lot of my crafting time on!
I made her this baby quilt. Here's the back:
I had a lot of fun making this -- baby quilts are pretty managable and I was able to quilt it on my sewing machine much more easily than my first quilt (which I don't think I've ever posted a photo of!) Here are some "in process" shots:
Back taped right side down to the floor.
Here's the whole "quilt sandwich".
I used masking tape to get nice straight lines for the quilting
After quilting I give the whole thing a nice trim.
Binding machine sewn on one side.
After this point I simply hand-stitched the binding onto the back of the quilt. Okay, I say simply, but it took so long! It was good practice though and I felt like I was getting quicker near the end.
I was so happy with this project that I've decided I might make a few more to sell. I need to see how much time it actually takes me from start to finish, so one of the next projects on the list is making another one and keeping records of time and costs. I'm kind of excited about it!