Looking around the still torn apart spare room, I spotted something. . . a UFO that definitely needed my attention and soon. Which brings me to today's craft:
Last year I did make some progress and actually finished a couple of quilts. But the "quick and easy" quilt I was making for Maddie has languished. (I started it back in July.) The quilting was a *terrible* ordeal!!!! My little sewing machine was not up to the task, but I ventured on -- machine quilting it on my little Pfaff. Never again. I'll either purchase a larger machine made for quilting or send out the next quilt because this nearly did me in.
So, after an argument with Maddie in the fabric shop (this quilt was neither quick nor easy in retrospect!) we decided on the binding and I machine sewed it onto the front of the quilt. Now I just need to hand sew it to the back and it will be all done. I'm thinking this will be my TV project for the next month.
Other quilting goals include getting to work on the "quilt block a day" quilt which I have completely abandoned since around February of last year. And I would also like to make a quilt for the family room that I can snuggle in while lazing on the couch. (Using fabric from the stash, of course -- leading to another goal I'll talk about another day.)