So, Amazon is coming out with a new version of the Kindle. I have to say, I was intrigued when they came out with the first one, but I'm always wary of the first generation of most any electronic device -- especially one in a relatively unexplored (or unsuccessful) area such as electronic reading devices. Presumably people have reported on what they didn't like, or what they would like to see and Amazon has, hopefully, incorporated the best ideas into the new device.
So here are the pros and cons for me
- Thin and lightweight -- I tend to read some longer books and lugging around, or just holding a book that is over 700 pages can be a pain.
- Adjustable print size -- Love this!! I don't have the best eyesight and my eyes tend to tire easily. Being able to increase text size is HUGE for me.
- One charge lasts 14 days and you can recharge using USB.
- Tons of books available.
- Price -- device is $360 and books are around $6-$10 each. Right now I use the library a lot to save $$. So this price tag is a bit hard to swallow.
- Fearful of eyestrain -- I would want to make sure this really was easy on the eyes.
- I'm a bit old fashioned and like the physical book as an object.
So, I'm not quite sold, but I'm getting there. Now I know there are some other electronic book readers out there besides the Kindle -- notably the Sony PRS-505. Do any of you have an eBook Reader? And if so, what do you think of it?