Maddie and I were lucky to receive a box that included some dry ice yesterday (oh yeah, and a chocolate cake -- more on that later today on the Chocolate Blog), so we decided to play around with it a bit. This is an easy and fun experiment -- just add warm water and a squirt of dish soap to a tall glass, then add some dry ice. The usual "smoke" that is generated in this reaction will be encased in the bubbles. Pop them and the "smoke" (just carbon dioxide and water vapor) escapes. Super fun to do with kids and it is relatively safe -- just don't let them touch the dry ice since it is super cold.