This might not look all that different from the before picture, but I'm very happy with the results of our efforts.
Things we did accomplish:
- New paint color -- This was by far the most daunting task, especially in the winter when you can't open up the house for ventilation. The VOC free paint was excellent and the new color is exactly what I wanted. I'm happy every time I walk into the room and see it.
- Baker's rack gone, bookshelf added -- My cookbooks have a happy new home and are so much more organized and easy to access. I love the Expedit from IKEA and will probably be purchasing more of them in the future.
- Dimmer switch fixed -- This was fixed, then broken, then fixed again. Duct tape was used, and for now it works.
The new, low shelving means that a large piece of artwork is needed on the south wall of the room. And I didn't get curtains purchased or the chairs recovered, but all things considered, I'm happy with what we were able to do in a month, especially since one weekend was taken up with packing away holiday decorations. I may actually put the dining room back into the rotation so that I can finish the things I still want to do. Maybe in the second half of the year.
Up next is the kitchen, which is by far the most unfinished room in our house. No, we won't be doing a remodel, but I think fixing up the little annoying things might make it work for the next few years until we save up for that task.
Don't forget to leave me links to your "after" photos of your January room and "before" photos of your February room. I can't wait to see them!