I love my Kindle. Lately I've been playing around with my it a bit more and I've discovered some great functionality, and some fun hidden features. I thought this might be of use to other Kindle owners, so here are some goodies:
Tips and Tricks for your Amazon Kindle:
- Play Mindsweeper -- just press Alt-Shift-M (Shift is the up arrow on the Kindle to the left of the Alt button). I think you need to be on the "home" screen when you do this -- not in a book.
- Play GoMoku -- just press G when you are in Mindsweeper.
- View photos on your Kindle (sure, they will be low res greyscale, but it's still sort of fun) -- create a pictures folder on the Kindle, put a folder (or many folders) in the pictures folder and add photos to it (them). The folders inside the pictures folder will show up as 'books" which you can click on to view the photos.
- Alt-B -- Bookmark (on/off)
- Alt-Sym -- Turn on Text-to-speech (on/off)
- Alt-Home -- Go to Kindle Store
Do you know any Kindle tips? I'd love to hear them!