I'm sure you have already heard of the old favorites, like Knitty, but have you seen all the new online knititng mags popping up?
- Knotions -- Slick -- the interface is nice, easy to use and looks good. Patterns are impressive, although I've never knit any so I can't speak to the accuracy of the patterns, however, they link to the ravelry projects related to each project, so that's cool.
- The inside Loop -- UK based knitting mag with a simple but clean interface.
- Twist Collective -- Ultra slick with gorgeous patterns -- what's the catch? You have to pay for each pattern. As a designer, I have to say that knit designers make very little money and I'm all for paying them in order to allow them to put more time into designing.
- Popknits -- Nice layout which reminds me a bit of Knitty. Nothing fancy, but pretty easy to navigate. Not many patterns, but they are nice.
- MPMK -- MetaPostModernKnitting has a very basic layout with individual pattern pages almost exactly the same format as Knitty pattern pages.
It's good to see more options out there and while some of them look a bit basic, there are also those that are really trying to do something different -- Knotions, Twist Collective -- which gives me hope for the future of online knitting magazines.
So, what are your favorite online knitting magazines -- and why do you like them?